October 16, 2015

"These things just sortof happened. I needed a job, and I got a job in a day-care center, and it was horrible."

"I started playing the guitar and doing role-play, which is what they do at that age. And the other teachers were like, ‘Are you drugging these kids? Why are they listening to you? Why are they not bored? Why are they not whining?’ I was like, 'I was speaking their language.'" The kids asked: "'Are you a kid or an adult? And also are you a boy or a girl?' They had no idea."

Explained Peaches, who's somebody I'm aware of because she was on Marc Maron's podcast. And I just watched "Dick in the Air."

13 comments:

Henry said...

Cripes. Who swoons at Jeff Koons these days? That is some really weird author posturing.

Beloved Commenter AReasonableMan said...

Trump is right to call bullshit on the 'he kept us safe' meme.

HoodlumDoodlum said...

Geez, Peaches is almost 50. I remember the video for "Fuck the Pain Away," she superimposed herself in old Andy Griffin clips.
Does anyone remember the last time Margaret Cho was funny?

Charlie Eklund said...

The teaches of Peaches comes to life. Blimey.

Fritz said...

Funny or die?

Die.

'TreHammer said...

Peaches, as in Peaches Geldof?

jr565 said...

Areasonableman wrote:
Trump is right to call bullshit on the 'he kept us safe' meme.

Trump can go f himself.

sane_voter said...

Does anyone remember the last time Margaret Cho was funny?

No

Bob R said...

Sorry. Call bullshit. Dollar to a dime that never happened in a preschool in this universe.

Lewis Wetzel said...


"These things just sort of happened. I needed a job, and I got a job in a day-care center"
Let's not be morons. She was looking for a job in a day care center.

dustbunny said...

'TreHammer, Peaches Geldorf is dead. You need to keep up on your women named after fruit.

JAORE said...

Bet the kids in daycare made an impression when they came home singing "Dicks In The Air".

Just speaking their language, doncha know.

Ann Althouse said...

If I had triplet daughters that I needed to name after fruit, Id call them Papaya, Strawberry, and Plum.