May 12, 2014

"I am suspending all campaign activities as we pray for his family and friends."

Clay Aiken models proper Twittiquette.

ADDED: If you want to see what's not appropriate, you can search Twitter for "Clay Aiken." But that would be in bad taste, and anyway, I did it for you.

The obvious:
BREAKING: I'm pretty sure Clay Aiken killed a guy.
The thought-provoking:
Clay Aiken, Casey Kasem, and Jay-Z walk into a bar. "Well that was a very, very strange day," they say.
The thought provoked in me was: What happened to Casey Kasem? (Because I know what happened to Jay-Z (which people seem to think is funny, because the man was the victim of a beating by a woman).) Apparently, Casey Kasem has gone missing.

AND: There are also Ruben Studdard jokes — "Ruben Studdard got off easy"/"...has anyone seen Ruben Studdard lately?"/"Quick, somebody send Ruben Studdard a police guard" — and that got me wondering what has happened Ruben Studdard. I don't know how I missed this.

13 comments:

Michael K said...

Now that he doesn't have an opponent. Suspend the campaign. What courage !

rhhardin said...

Imus plays a Casey Casim clip of swearing at his producer for a deceased pet dog dedication following an up-tempo song, as a bumper, occasionally.

Otherwise I never heard of the guy.

Titus said...

I don't understand why that queen is running in a red district in the south. Yea, I get she lives there but still.

She aint going win.

The Crack Emcee said...

"Casey Kasem has gone missing."

Casey Kasem has been missing for some time.

We said we were going to get him.

Headphones advisory:

Do it,…or we'll get you, too,...

Ann Althouse said...

@Crack LOL. That was great.

And I know how you feel about U2.

Anyway, why does a guy who's bragging about climbing the highest mountains bother to give himself credit for running through the field? We've all run through fields.

Tank said...

Maybe Jay Z saw what happened to Ray Rice.

Static Ping said...

I knew Casey Kasem as Shaggy from Scooby-Doo before I knew he had a radio show. Played the part all the way through 2009, then played Shaggy's father on Mystery Incorporated. Somewhat amazed that no one has riffed on that yet.

I also know him from the awful Doomsday Machine flick where he has a bit part. He might be the best part of the movie, not that it is a high standard. It's one of those bad films where the world blows up and you come to the conclusion that it probably was for the best at that point.

Anonymous said...

Ann, that's what we in the South call "chasing a rabbit."

Brando said...

rhardin--you might better know Mr. Kasem as the voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo! He will forever be enshrined in our lives.

He also produced and had a bit part in a great cheesy American International biker film in the '60s.

tim maguire said...

rhhardin, I don't know how old you are, but I know how old you're not. American Top 40 has been around for decades, but the heyday was probably the 80's--Casey Casem is for my generation what Dick Clark is to my mother's.

Lance said...

MTV is for my generation what Dick Clark is to my mother's.

FIFY

tim maguire said...

No, MTV was popular and played music, sometimes good music. But that's not enough. People didn't make a point of turning on the TV at a particular time of day to watch a particular VJ the way they did to watch Dick Clark or listen to Casey Kasem.

jr565 said...

althouse wrote:
Anyway, why does a guy who's bragging about climbing the highest mountains bother to give himself credit for running through the field? We've all run through fields.

Not sure if he's bragging about climbing mountains so much as descriging the places he been and not found what he's looking for.
He's been high places, he's been low places..