July 29, 2013

"I'm sorry, did Elbow just call the Solidarity Singers 'the gray-haired retirees and public workers that gather for the daily event.'??"

"Hahahaha! I mean, he is absolutely right but none of the SS would admit to the fact that they are just bored like-minded liberals scared to death that finances matter. One might think that Detroit would put some sense into this crew of 'gray-haired retirees' but I won't hold my breath. Carry on! Just get a freaking permit."


Comment on a Madison newspaper article by Steven Elbow titled "Singalong show-down imminent at Capitol?"

SS = Solidarity Singers, an anti-Scott Walker group that dates back to the big protests of 2011.

I've explained these people to you before, e.g., here, and there was a singalong showdown back in 2011 that I covered here. I've also been hit with a vuvuzela by a singalong participant, and I've seen these people switch from singing old union songs to paranoid chanting for a boycott against the company whose workers were installing a sprinkler system and making it harder for them to get their singing done.

Take a wild guess whether I'm in the mood to scurry down to the square right now to cover the "show-down." I am old, but I'm not that old.

UPDATE: The singalongs took place.