October 2, 2006

"Do you find it ironic that your career and success has outlasted many of the folks that you've done parodies of in the past?"

Retro Crush has a nice interview with Weird Al. Make sure to click on the video for "White and Nerdy," which has about a thousand funny things in it. By the way, did you know Weird Al was a high school valedictorian? That's something I learned on "Theme Time Radio with Bob Dylan." Bob listed a bunch of celebrities who were high school valedictorians. For some reason the only other one I can remember is Cindy Crawford. Anyway, don't you love Weird Al?
But the one question that came up that a lot of people wanted me to ask you was, do you feel that you should have done more to catch Osama bin Laden?

That I should have? Every day I feel the guilt that I didn't do more and take advantage of my situation, back when I had a chance.

6 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Donny Osmond. Hubba hubba.

MnMark said...

Har har, another bit about what nerds whites are. We like mayo on sandwiches! Wow - funny, funny stuff.

knox said...

Picard, all the way!

Telecomedian said...

Is it possible that Al has found the Fountain of Youth? He doesn't look like he's aged at all.

Ann Althouse said...

Telecomedian: The Fountain of Youth is a sense of humor.

Knoxgirl: That's the thing that made me laugh out loud the first time I watched:

Only question I
Ever thought was hard
Was do I like Kirk
Or do I like Picard


And he's in bed with pictures of Kirk and Picard above him.

Loved the Segway too.

bearing said...

It's common lore among undergraduates in chemical engineering that Cindy Crawford received a scholarship and studied chemical engineering in college. (Briefly.)

She had better prospects as a college dropout than most of us.