October 10, 2005

Do professors understand blogging?

No, they do not.

MORE: Actually, I should say that I think some of the mistakes were sophisticated. On seeing Tonya's spoof blog in the guise of Bill, "Kelvin" thought: "Wow! Bill's really out there, but I guess that's a good thing." "Carolyn" thought it was satirical but that Bill himself was doing the satire. That's not really dumb. I mean, I could imagine starting a blog that looks like it's someone else pretending to be me. You might develop some fine humor ideas in that mode. Who knows how to ridicule you better than you yourself? And you never have to worry about yourself taking it the wrong way and getting steamed.

2 comments:

bearing said...

Too funny!

Have you seen the Pope's blog yet?

Freeman Hunt said...

That was hilarious.

That said, I tend to assume things are satire. I thought that this was satire:

http://www.giveemhellharry.com/blog

Now I'm not sure. Laughable either way, I guess.