October 22, 2005

Coffee vs. gun, coffee wins!

This story reminds me of some of the fight scenes in "A History of Violence":
The suspect tapped the car window Wednesday morning with a gun and motioned the driver to get out...

But the driver -- who had just bought a cup of hot coffee -- slammed the car door into the carjacker's legs, threw the coffee at his neck and face and wrestled him to the ground....

I like to order "extra hot" anyway. Now, I'll have mental pictures of wrestling villains to the ground!

By the way, I have been viciously attacked with a car door -- by a woman who incredibly stupidly believed she was protecting herself from me. I was biking in NYC in the standard bike area between the parked cars and the moving cars. She was walking toward me in the same path and somehow formed the belief that I would not go around her and suddenly grabbed the door and flung it all the way open, causing me to crash into it.

Suffice it to say, you can do a lot of damage with a car door!

3 comments:

Steve Burri said...

Wadayamean, coffee wins? That coffee sacrificed its entire existence, while the gun will endure to perpetrate another carjacking!

Troy said...

I feel another coffee lawsuit coming on.

Troy said...

Who knew the McDonald's coffe lawsuit was mostly urban legend and made up except for one case in New Mexico?

Overlawyered