July 28, 2005

Thanks to everyone for reading!

Remember that post about a week ago titled "Goal I'm almost ashamed to admit" that said "I started to write a post with that title, but realized I was too ashamed to admit it." I'll tell you what the goal is now, because I'm about to hit it tonight.

Back in January, I had been hoping to get to 1 million visitors to this blog within one year of starting. But I didn't get there until January 31st, and the anniversary date was January 14th. But then I formed the goal of getting to 2 million within 6 months of getting to 1 million, which would be July 31st. So look at the Site Meter: it should reach 2 million tonight, 3 days early.

Thanks to everyone for reading!

UPDATE: The 2 million mark was hit sometime during dinner last night. I was rude enough to check the Site Meter and refresh a few times to see the zeroes click over. Perhaps half of my dinner companions found this at least somewhat amusing and probably one or two of my companions found it a tad more unpleasant than a moderately awkward pause in a conversation. And I survived to tell the tale.

25 comments:

PORTSIDER said...

Congrats on the milestone, Ann. I know I've contributed a fair bit to those 2 million!!

Are you offering a prize to the two millioneth vistor to walk through your virtual doors?

purple_kangaroo said...

Congrats!

Meade said...

I guess it's time to hit your paypal, Ann. Let's see... two million times a dime would be... hmm... mind if I borrow one of those junk calculator thingies in your photo below?

Mark Daniels said...

You're welcome. But it's been our pleasure! Congratulations, Ann.

JLP said...

That's pretty incredible. Congrats! At the rate I'm going, my site should hit a million on April 2nd, 2030!!!!!!!

JLP

AllThingsFinancial

JLP said...

...and for those wondering, yes, I really did the math!

JLP

goesh said...

Good things draw good people.

Anonymous said...

[Looking at my counter that reads "5285"] Um, thanks, Goesh (j/k).

Congratulations, Ann. I don't comment as much as the others, but your blog is one of my "must reads."

Ruth Anne Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann Althouse said...

Okay, who was 2 million???

Ruth Anne Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Wasn't me.

Anne said...

Hooray! Congratulations!

Meade said...

I'm afraid it might have been me. Am I in some kind of trouble?

Ruth Anne Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

And now what is your goal for 3 million? :)

Meade said...

Whew! It wasn't me. That myfoot thing is sort funny.

Ron said...

Ann, I could and have listened to your writing (yes, you heard me correctly!) several times a day, at least, even when it's about/at RLC!

Which is more than I can say for my ex!

Are you part of the New Economy? When is your IPO?

goesh said...

I probably won the prize for being visitor #2,000,000

Joaquin said...

Ann, that is soooo cooool.
Congratulations!!!

Ann Althouse said...

Thanks, everybody!

And cool that you could figure out it was you, Goesh. Sorry, there's no prize, except more bloggy readings.

Nick said...

*Shakes my head* I suppose congrats are in order... just makes poor little bloggers like me want to vommit though. *Sigh*

Ann Althouse said...

Stranger: I didn't want to seem to be begging for extra visits to help me meet the goal. I wanted to get to it naturally.

Tonya said...

Congratulations

Kev said...

Well done! And may I add my voice to those who appreciate the fact that you interact with your readers through the comment section here.

Here's to the next million!