May 11, 2005

Getting started.

It's the first real day of summer for me, now that I've written both exams and done that speech I was telling you about. I've still got the exam grading to do, but that will be a much less pressured activity -- assuming I pace myself well. There was a big thunderstorm in the middle of the night, though, and I lost a chunk of sleep, which I made up for by sleeping late. So I'm just starting to cook up some morning posts for you.

Meanwhile, you could read the Carnival of the Vanities. And here's the Christian Carnival, which is up to its LXIX edition. The contributors are blogging their way, verse by verse, through Ephesians 6. The verses look nice interlaced with blog references. Why, there's "Fathers, do not exasperate your children" -- we could all think up a little something for that. Other lines are much more intimidating: "Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes."

You can read that if you like. Me, I'm going to page my way through the paper New York Times, which I just dragged in out of the rain.

No comments: