June 17, 2004

Power outtage.

What if there were a power outtage in the middle of the night, and you had to prepare to teach an 8 am class, and you'd set two alarm clocks (well, an alarm clock and an alarm TV), but both of the alarm clocks were connected to power cords and had no backup battery?

Let's just say it's a good thing I tend to wake up naturally and take a look at a watch. On Monday, I came home from work at about 7 pm, fell asleep, woke up and looked at my watch, saw it was 7:40, and seriously thought it was Tuesday morning and class was in 20 minutes. For a few seconds, I quickly gathered my thoughts about how to make it in in time and be ready to teach for 2 hours when I hadn't looked at the notes or the material since the beginning of the previous semester. I was quite ready to take it all in stride when it occurred to me that, though it was still light out, it was 7:40 pm.

No comments: