August 13, 2015

"FASHION & STYLE/Ticks: Summer’s Unwanted Guests."

Fashion & style, eh? I guess, in some sense, one "wears" a tick. But how the NYT locate its ticks article in the fashion & style section?
“That’s the cocktail party conversation: ‘Is it brain fog or is it Lyme?’ ” said Ms. Stern, a psychologist. “It has that feeling of an epidemic. It’s so on the forefront of everyone’s thinking.”

Just when you think you have your summer rituals down (preferred toenail shade, weekend house rosé, truly effective sunscreen), there’s suddenly one more, decidedly unpleasant item to add to the list: the tick check....

“I used to tell my children, ‘Grab your ankles,’ ” said Joelle Wyser-Pratte, a financial consultant and veteran of the tick wars with a weekend house in Bedford, N.Y., and three teenagers. “I hope they’re feeling around in there,” she added.

8 comments:

Kevin said...

“I used to tell my children, ‘Grab your ankles,’ ” said Joelle Wyser-Pratte, a financial consultant and veteran of the tick wars with a weekend house in Bedford, N.Y., and three teenagers. “I hope they’re feeling around in there,” she added.

My inner Beavis and Butthead just cannot look away from this paragraph.

Anonymous said...

“I used to tell my children, ‘Grab your ankles,"


Sounds like Laslo Spatula's blog.

The Hillary is like a tick on America's ass...
You finish the analogy.
It's easy.

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

I've always wanted to see if I could make a mosquito explode by flexing my bicep.

I'm guessing that, for a tick, nothing would suffice less than a good, solid, throbbing boner.

Meade said...

"The Hillary is like a tick on America's ass...
You finish the analogy."

I hope they’re feeling around in there.

mikee said...

I grew up with ticks. They are nothing compared to the horror of the suddenly discovered nest of angry, angry yellow jackets.

David said...

“I used to tell my children, ‘Grab your ankles,’

Somebody call child protective services please.

Mary Beth said...

Ha ha, ticks are bad, tourists are worse. Poor woman, how does she stand it?

Freeman Hunt said...

"weekend house rosé,"

Heh.