March 7, 2015

"And I said, 'Look, I need to look my age!' He said... 'You need a little soft, double chin."

"'A soft little pillow, a little cushion under your chin.' And do you know what he did? I saw him delving in a sort of white box, a freezer. And he pulled out a little shrink-wrapped package. It looked like a chicken breast. And he said, 'We'll stitch this on. And it will settle in. And it will give you a lovely double chin.' And I said, 'What is that?' He said, 'What? More like what was it, Edna ... That was Elizabeth Taylor's left love handle.' Elizabeth Taylor's love handle is now my soft, little chin. And if you look at it very closely, you can see some indentations where Richard Burton's fingers held. ... Isn't it beautiful? It's history in my face. History."

Said Dame Edna.

5 comments:

Michael K said...

Ugh ! NPR.

traditionalguy said...

Is Donating your body going commercial at the elite Plastic surgeons? One wonders how much Elizabeth Taylors breasts went for as a matched pair?

mccullough said...

Men in drag comedy acts are insensitive.

Laslo Spatula said...

"It's history in my face. History."

Also said by Monica Lewinsky. I presume.


I am Laslo.

Anonymous said...

Dame Edna wrote her swan song years ago.

"Don't cry for me, Australasia..."

(Can't find a link, but saw it on TV. Maybe "60 Minutes"?)