August 5, 2006

"As they leave, in an aside to Eve, Adam imitates the expression on God’s face."

I love Jack Handey's "Ideas for Paintings." I heard this on the radio when I was out somewhere in the middle of my long drive. I remembered it tonight as I was reading this humor test -- reading it aloud for someone who was trying to answer the questions and when I got to question 10 -- "Which of the following 'Deep Thoughts' by Jack Handey is the funniest to you?" -- it took me about 10 tries before I could get the second "Deep Thought" out without breaking down into hysteria. And the second one wasn't even the funniest one. I haven't laughed that hard in years.

(Thanks to Diane Meyer for the link to the test.)

7 comments:

knox said...

One of my all-time Jack Handey faves goes something like:

"Some people think clowns are funny. I think they're kinda scary. Maybe 'cause once, when I was little, a clown killed my dad."

Gordon Freece said...

It says I scored only 65, out of whatever. 100 I think. Only 65? That's a bit much coming from people who put a grocer's apostrophe in "The Simpson's" [sic].

These people have a hell of a nerve criticizing my sense of humor.

Red said...

Ah, but John, were you able to get through the New Yorker piece without smiling? That piece is designed to be read, not heard...

tiggeril said...

I only scored 40. Probably because I prefer sarcastic humor to absurdity.

(I thought the first Jack Handey quote was funniest.)

J said...

"It takes a big man to cry. But it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man."

OhioAnne said...

I really need to put my glasses on .....

I read that as "Deep Throat".

Under those circumstances, there's a whole different set of cowboy jokes involved.

And, yes, I still looked. ; - )

beepbeepitsme said...

I scored 80. That is supposed to mean I have a sense of humor, but I doubt it. lol

The Dusty Old Book In The Library - The Bible
http://beepbeepitsme.blogspot.com/