July 6, 2006

Audible Althouse #57.

A train whistles in the distance. I almost remember a song by The Band. There's a café. A crossword. "Let freedom ring." The tragic Peter Handke. A siren. The documentary "The Staircase." The 70s song "The Americans." A 60s song by the Monkees. "Don't say you love me, say you like me." Walking by the lake. Fireworks. An anecdote about giving money to a beggar and how I react to it when I think it's told by a woman and, later, when I learn it's told by a man. And what should you call a woman, Ms., Mrs., or Miss?

Here's the podcast page. Here's the place to live-stream. And you know damned well you should be subscribing:
Ann Althouse - Audible Althouse

6 comments:

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Do you get a benefit of some sort for subscribers? I always listen at my desk and have no iPod. Therefore, I've never subscribed.

But if it would keep you in hiking shoes, I'd subscribe.

Ann Althouse said...

Yes, subscribing affects my standing on various iTunes lists, which would lead to more subscribers.

Ann Althouse said...

Plus, all the cool people subscribe.

goesh said...

I always thought Ms. = Miss. Where I come from, women of means and influence and power are often called Ms.(Miss)followed by their first name - a token of respect and esteem more than affection, though having heard your first podcast, you are a joy to listen to, Ms. Ann.

Jennifer said...

Ruth Anne - I have no iPod either. I always listen at my desk, through iTunes (where I am subscribed).

Ruth Anne Adams said...

Professor A: If all the cool kids were jumping off a bridge would I still need to subscribe?