July 9, 2006

Anticipating "Project Runway."

Jeff at Television Without Pity has an interview with Jay McCarroll. The interview's old, but it's being published now because we're gearing up for a new season of "Project Runway," which starts this week. Aren't you excited? I certainly am. I love that show, and I like having at least one reality show to follow and currently have zero. Yeah, I tried to watch "Hell's Kitchen," which couldn't reach me at all, and "So You Think You Can Dance?," which I kept with a little longer until my continual fast forwarding forced me to notice that I really don't want to watch people dance. But watching people cut and sew... that's great fun.

Let's find something quotable from the interview. There's this, about how he likes living in New York City:
It's sufficient. [laughs] It is what it is, you know? It's exciting, I guess. I've never been one of those, um, "Oh my God, I've gotta live there. I love New York" kind of people. But…it's frighteningly tall. Yeah, the buildings are so high. And, it's dirty. And, there's too many people. And, I'm scared when I'm underground. Or above ground. But, other than that, it's great!

2 comments:

Matt Brown said...

My six-year-old daughter and I will be watching. She saw the episode in the second season where the designers made a Barbie dress; from then on, she begged me to tell her when the show would air.

David A. Carlson said...

My whole family loves the show - I hope the big tease they are using to pimp the first episode is worth waiting for