June 18, 2006

Audible Althouse #54.

The new podcast. Streamable here -- no iPod needed. But all the cool people subscribe:
Ann Althouse - Audible Althouse

I talk about: Father's Day when your father is gone. Staying on good terms with people who are not gone. Hiding your disappointment. That sign that says "We have Potato!" The way schools disfavor boys... and rebel girls. The high school with 41 valedictorians. Back in the old days, getting assigned to give the prayer at graduation and doing it, rebel-style.

6 comments:

Lou Minatti said...

I enjoy your podcasts very much, Ann. Thank you for doing them.

I listen at work. I download via ITunes on Sunday night and listen to all the stuff I've subscribed to that's been updated over the weekend.

Ann Althouse said...

Thanks. I had a hell of a time doing this one (as talked about on the podcast)...

Ruth Anne Adams said...

"Distant evidence of woe."

Whoa!

Ann Althouse said...

I don't think I said "distant evidence of woe," did I?

Ruth Anne Adams said...

That's how I heard it...you were musing about the helicopter or ambulance or sirens and that very poetic phrase came out.

Hence the "whoa!"

Ann Althouse said...

Ruth Anne: You're right. I listened to it again. It was after hearing sirens and the medical helicopter. Not to mention Billie Holiday.