February 14, 2005

Blogging and the Chaos Seminar.

Tomorrow, I'm the guest speaker in the Madison Chaos and Complex Systems Seminar. (Here's the professor's introductory lecture for the series.) There have been three guest speakers so far, two from the Physics Department and one from Communicative Disorders. You can read the descriptions of what they talked about here.

Me, I'm going to talk about blogging. How am I going to do this when I have zero expertise in the area of chaos theory (and in fact have never taken a single physics class in my life!)? The physics prof Clint Sprott assures me: "Don't worry about relating [your talk] to chaos and complex systems unless you have ideas about that. We are good at finding such connections, and we will enjoy your talk even in the absence of such." Okay! I'm game. I have no end of things to say about blogging and actually think it will be incredibly cool to have the class breaking in, trying to find the connections to chaos.

No comments: